Episode 39 of the Make Life Epic podcast features Dr. Jenn Gunsaullus, nationally recognized sociologist and sexologist.
She is a frequent speaker about sexual empowerment, healthy relationships, body image, erotic play, sexual health, and mindful sex. She has presented two TEDx Talks, is a writer on sex and relationships, and a recurring intimacy expert on the San Diego morning news.
She also has over a million hits on her In the Den with Dr. Jenn YouTube video series.
Dr. Jenn was a blast to interview and I think you’ll really like this episode. You’ll see how a self-professed “good Catholic Girl” from Pennsylvania became the foremost expert in mindful sex.
- About Jenn’s work [1:25-2:20]
- How she got into her field [2:20-2:35]
- Her approach & style of dealing with sensitive issues like sexism and r [3:00-3:30]
- What her practice is all about and who she works with [10:20-10:50]
- How mis-matched desire levels is one of biggest issues people deal with [10:55-12:00]
- How to ignite or re-ignite the passion and excitement [14:10-16:45]
- How body image is becoming a social stigma among Americans [16:50-19:40]
- Some of the biggest misconceptions about Sex (and how its linked to body image/shame/embarrassment) [19:50-23:00]
- Keys to a great sex life [24:35-27:55]
- What is Mindful sex? [28:00-30:45]
- Advice for guys [31:05-33:05]
- Her inspiration [33:20-35:25]
- Her advice to her 25-year-old self [36:10-37:00]