Episode 42 of the Make Life Epic Podcast features Mike Cahill –Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist, United States Weightlifting Sport Performance Coach and coach at CrossFit Society
On today’s show we talk about Mike’s transformation from an overweight kid to Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist.
You'll hear why sleep is so important and why you should stick to foods that don't have an ingredient list (apple anyone?).
We also talk about why 'dieting' doesn't work and why eating fat is actually really good for you.
Personally I learned a ton from Mike and think you'll really dig his insights on health, nutrition and athletic performance.
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist
- United States Weightlifting Sports Performance Coach
- Crossfit Level 1
- Crossfit Olympic Weightlifting
- What is the CSCS certification [0:35-3:25]
- Background as an overweight kid [3:50-5:30]
- The moment that sparked his transformation [5:35-6:45]
- The Injury that changed his path [9:10-10:45]
- Mike’s take on Nutrition and performance training [16:00-20:00]
- 4 Core beliefs about fitness and health [20:20-36:00]
- All about sugar [36:05-44:00]
- How our bodies use carbohydrates [44:05-49:40]
- 3 common misconceptions about nutrition [49:50-61:10]
- The food Mike eats everyday [61:30-68:20]
- Advice for vegetarians and pescatarians [73:30-77:30]
- The one thing to maximize your health [83:20-84:35]