Fear sucks. If you're anything like me you have fears in your life. Some are realistic and some are silly. I recently overcame a major fear in my life (afraid of going anywhere at altitude) and it was fantastic. For years I've been afraid to travel anywhere above 1000 feet above sea level. A silly fear a realize, but it was a fear nonetheless.
In this podcast I talk about my fear and what I did to overcome it. In fact, I recorded this at altitude which for me, was an amazing feat in and of itself.
We are have fears and we all need tools to manage them and 'dial back the crazy' as I call it. This podcast will give you the tools to help manage your fears.
Because at the end of the day, fear blows. So check it out and f*ck fear.
- Keep it in context
- Realize that most fears never come true
- Don’t make any decisions based on fear or when you’re feeling fearful
- Realize everyone has fears - enjoy the company:)
- Make a decision:
- Wallow in the fear
- Do something to take your mind off of it
- Move forward anyway
- Meditate in your own way
- Ex: me: surf, hoop, football to CrossFit
- Eat your way out of fear
- Avoid carbs
- Avoid sugar
- Smart-drug yourself
- Rescue Remedy - flower essence - Dr. Bach
- Mimulus - flower essence Dr. Bach
- Calm (magnesium sulphate)
- Deep breaths
- Slow breaths
- Kick start your thinking brain (dilute the emotion and automatically makes you calmer)
- On a scale of 1-10, how fearful am I right now? That alone will calm you down
- Get moving
“Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.” Dale Carnegie
“Worry gives a small thing a big shadow.” Swedish proverb
- Notice the fear, don’t run from it
- Face fear
- gain strength, courage and confidence when you do