If you've ever been the underdog then this podcast for you. You'll learn why being the underdog is actually an advantage and how to leverage it. You'll see what a 45 year old average hoopster, Luke Skywalker and Julian Edelman (from the New England Patriots) all have in common. You'll hear 4 key steps to embracing your role as the underdog and how to use it to use it to your advantage in any situation.
Benefits of being the underdog:
- You're anonymous, no one expects much from you at all
- It can be motivating when people think you are going to fail
- When you're successful it's even sweeter
- You create a great example for others
- Success begets success
- Makes you work harder and working harder increases your chances of success
- Be a 'dangerous person'. Someone who can hear "No" & "You're wrong" & "it will never work" and can keep pushing through while ignoring the noise is a very dangerous person. Be that person.
- Embrace the underdog role. Love it and fully embrace the struggle and having the odds against you. Don't fear it, embrace it and keep moving.
- Lock in with the right people. People either love/support you or they don't. Rally around those that do and forget everyone else.
Mentioned in the podcast:
- Star Wars (specifically Luke Skywalker and Han Solo)
- Julian Edelman (wide receiver for the New England Patriots)
- Oprah Winfrey
Other resources on being the underdog: