Sex Talk: Interview with Sexologist Dr. Jenn Gunsaullus
Let’s talk about sex!
Today on our show I talk to nationally recognized sociologist and sexologist, Dr. Jenn Gunsaullus.
She is a frequent speaker about sexual empowerment, healthy relationships, body image, erotic play, sexual health, and mindful sex. She has presented two TEDx Talks, is a writer on sex and relationships, and a recurring intimacy expert on the San Diego morning news. Dr. Jenn is also an active philanthropist and leader within the Women Give San Diego donor’s circle. She has over a million hits on her In the Den with Dr. Jenn YouTube video series.
Dr. Jenn was a blast to interview and I think you’ll really like this episode. You’ll see how a self-professed “good Catholic Girl” from Pennsylvania became the foremost expert in mindful sex.
See below for a few of the questions I asked her. Luckily, she talks as fast as I do so we able to go off on several tangents without making the show run too long.
- What’s your background?
- Where did you grow up/who was your favorite high school teacher and why?
- Tell us about your work- who do you work with & what do you help them with, etc?
- What are the biggest misconceptions about sex we all have?
- What are the biggest problems/issues you help people with?
- What are the biggest keys to a great sex life?
- Any specific advice for guys?
- What is your ‘why’? Why do you do what you do? What inspires you?
- What would you tell the 25 year old version of yourself?
- You are an incredibly strong, powerful woman, what life advice would you give to other women?