Frequently Asked Questions
1. What do you charge for your consulting projects?
Fees are dependent on your specific objectives and value of the results to you upon completion of the project. As a general rule, you should expect a 5-10 x return on your investment with us.
2. Do you charge by the hour?
No, I believe hourly fees are not fair to my clients. It creates necessary work for both of us and quite frankly, you end up spending more money. With my fee structure you have the freedom to contact me at any time during a given project without having to make an investment decision each time you call or email. In addition, I have the freedom to give you new information as needed without worrying about billing you. With my projects, I focus on results, not on the time I spend.
3. What makes your experience unique and relevant to my needs?
Throughout my career I have gained extensive experience at Fortune 500 companies (mostly in sales and marketing) as well as running several small businesses. As an avowed ‘Tree-hugging Capitalist’ I see issues from both business and environmental perspectives, respectively. I started my ‘green’ career as an sustainability consultant several years ago and work on projects across North America.
4. What certifications do you hold?
Currently I have the following certifications:
- Certified Green Building professional
- Real Estate Broker
5. What is your definition of ‘green’?
My definition is simple. I believe that ‘green’ should:
- Be profitable.
- Create a healthier environment.
- Be less damaging to the Planet.
6. What types of projects have you completed?
Here’s a brief snapshot of some of the projects I’ve done:
- Re-structured a real estate investment company to focus on creating green properties in the midwest. Developed a green strategy for their company, found applicable rebates and incentives and operated as their Chief Green Officer.
- Complete water conservation plan for a multi-family investment company in San Diego. Developed a strategy for 11 of their properties, ranging from 225 to 480 units each. Created a plan designed to save millions of gallons of water annually per property.
- Created the curriculum and strategy for the first ever flagship sustainable school (Pre-K- K) in North County San Diego. Currently serve as the President of the Board of Directors for that school.
- Created a 6 DVD green real estate investment training program for a client who operates a green real estate investing portal.
- For a complete client list and more examples, please email below.