Swiss Army Knife for Real Estate Investors
My role with real estate investors/developers is to improve their business, raise their profits, lower costs, build better brand, etc. If you’ve never heard of me and aren’t familiar with green building than hopefully the list below will be helpful for you. In essence, my team functions as a Swiss Army knife for your real estate investment business.
This is a comprehensive [but not complete] list of questions I answer when I work with real estate investors:
1. How will ‘green’ make me more money on my investments?
2. How much more profit will I make?
3. Can I get more in rents on my rental properties?
4. If so, how much?
5. Where can I make the most money with green?
1. What is green building?
2. How exactly do I green my properties?
3. What does energy-efficiency have to do with quick rehabs?
4. What do my prospects want most from my ‘green’ properties?
5. What green certification programs are the most valuable?
6. What ‘green’ things will make me the most money?
1. What rebates are available to me?
2. How do I get them?
3. How much are they worth/how much will I get back?
4. How long does it take to get the money?
5. Who gives them out? Fed gov’t? State? City? County?
1. Do my prospects care about green?
2. What ‘green’ elements will they pay a premium for?
4. How do my prospects define green?
1. What competitive advantage does green give me?
2. What are my competitors doing about green?
3. What are my biggest opportunities (in relation to green) in the next 12 months?
4. What are the biggest threats to my business if I don’t go green?
1. How do I market myself green?
2. What mistakes do I need to avoid?
3. How do I position myself if I’ve never been a ‘green’ company?
4. What are the low-cost/high-value approaches I should consider?
5. How do I lower my marketing expenses and still get more value?
1. How do I teach my team/contractor about green?
2. What’s the most effective way to train them?
3. What long-term support do you provide?
1. Do I need to put solar on my properties for them to be green? [Simple answer=no]
2. What certifications, if any, are best for my properties?
3. What materials should I use?
4. Where can I get the materials?